Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesdays: Favorite Quotes!

Hosted over at The Broke and Bookish :)

Goodness gracious, this week's topic was hard! I mean, it's so easy to like quotes and then add them on Goodreads or something, but when you have to pick out your 10 most favorite ones, it is extremely difficult. BUT, I have scrounged up some that I really really like, so without further adieu, here are my Top Ten Book Quotes...
(in no particular order)

1.  "You don't forget the face of the person who was your last hope."
-Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


2.“Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be.” 
-The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
3.“Killing time isn't as difficult as it sounds. I can shoot a hundred numbers through the chest and watch them bleed decimal points in the palm of my hand. I can rip the numbers off a clock and watch the hour hand tick tick tick its final tock just before I fall asleep. I can suffocate seconds just by holding my breath. I've been murdering minutes for hours and no one seems to mind.” ."
-Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi

4.  “Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.”

Hamlet by Shakespeare 


5. "I love you. Remember. They cannot take it."
-Delirium by Lauren Oliver

6.  “If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.” 
-If I Stay by Gayle Forman

7. “She will fight for light, and he for dark,
Battling through the ages for loves sweet spark.
Wherever two souls adore truly, you will find them, lo,
The brave Juliet and the wicked Romeo.” 

-Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

8. “Demon pox, oh demon pox
Just how is it acquired?
One must go down to the bad part of town
Until one is very tired.
Demon pox, oh demon pox, I had it all along—
Not the pox, you foolish blocks,
I mean this very song—
For I was right, and you were wrong!"

- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
(Honestly, ANY quote from Cassandra Clare's books would make my favorites list.... and honestly, dear Will could say a string of nonsensical words and I'd have to add it to my list of quotes!)

9. Literature is a textually transmitted disease, normally contracted in childhood.”
-Touch Magic by Jane Yolen


10. “Enduring and forgiving are two different things. You must not forgive the cruelty of this world. It's our duty as human beings to be angry at injustice. But we must also endure it. Because someone must sever this chain of hatred.”
-Fullmetal Alchemist  


And now for some extras because there's no way I can just pick 10! 

"If no one cares for you at all, do you even really exist?"
-Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare


"A good friend keeps your secrets for you. A best friend helps you keep your own secrets"
-Before I fall by Lauren Oliver

“She said, If I'm leaving with a broken heart, you're leaving with a bleeding nose.”
That Boy by Jillian Dodd

“I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."
-To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

"I'm an agent of Her Majesty's Secret Service," Townsend said, indignant. "I do not do booby traps.”
-Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter

"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant. You alone have brought me to Bath. For you alone, I think and plan. Have you not seen this? Can you fail to have understood my wishes? I had not waited even these ten days, could I have read your feelings, as I think you must have penetrated mine. I can hardly write. I am every instant hearing something which overpowers me. You sink your voice, but I can distinguish the tones of that voice when they would be lost on others. Too good, too excellent creature! You do us justice, indeed. You do believe that there is true attachment and constancy among men."
-Persuasion by Jane Austen




  

5 comments:

  1. that Persuasion quote is dreamy! Nice pick. And I think I need to reread To Kill a Mockingbird now as an adult. It has made so many TTTs this week.

    Thanks for visiting YAF and WS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these quotes, and haha you put FMA on there! Nice choice! The Hunger Games, If I Stay, Delirium... all great quotes! Thanks for sharing and visiting. You have a new follower!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG the one of the Hunger games is so beautiful <3 I forgot about this one <3 <3 Amazing Top10 ;) :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these quotes! That Persuasion letter gets me every time! Thanks for visiting!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the awesome quotes I'm reading today are definitely not helping with my unhealthy book buying obsession. LOL. Great picks!

    ♥JJ iReads♥ | Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...