Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Ten Tuesdays: Books I Want to See Made into a Movie!

Hosted over at The Broke and Bookish :)

Top 10 Books I Want to See Made into a Movie:
(in no particular order....)

1. The Gallagher Girls series (I'd Tell You I Love You, but then I'd have to Kill You; Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy; etc.)
Love love love this series. I mean, come on, a spy school for girls? Sign me up! I would love to see Cammie's awesome spy adventures translated onto the big screen. I just know they'd make it great with some great fighting scenes. Plus, I love spy movies in general, so this was a no-brainer.

2. Infernal Devices series.
DUH! Since Hollywood's making a Mortal Instruments series already, I'm really hoping for an Infernal Devices one. This series is one of my absolute favorites--so there's some trepidation that if it were made into a movie, it wouldn't compare to the book in my head, but still, I'd love to see more shadowhunters on the big screen (and by that I totally mean Will Herondale!)

3. Anna and the French Kiss
Not only is this a super cute love story, it takes place in PARIS! The Eiffel tower! The Crêperies! The movie theaters! Point Zero! Good lord, can they please make this into a movie? I'd watch it just for the setting! (But of course, they'd also need a very attractive Etienne St. Clair)

4. Don't Breathe a Word
This was a book that handles lots of tough issues like runaways, drugs, prostitution--all aspects of life on the streets. It was a pretty strong and raw novel and I think it would be even more powerful as a movie. The book definitely opened my eyes up to what life on the streets could be like and, given an actual setting and real people, I think this is one that could influence lots of viewers. 

5. Heist Society
What can I say? Kickbutt teenagers stealing priceless pieces of art under extreme circumstances? Yes, that is my kind of schtick. Oh, and not to mention traveling across the world! And hilarious characters!  

6. Princess Academy
Absolutely LOVED the book. I could totally see this as a timeless chick flick--but still have some action scenes towards the end.

7. Strange Angels
The author did such a fabulous job writing descriptions that I feel like I can literally picture how a movie would look like. Honestly, this series is like Buffy but quite possibly with more bite. There is action (lots of it), butt-kicking, supernatural stuff, the occasional road trip.... oh, and 2 attractive boys... y'know, if you happen to be into that sort of thing. (Hint hint movie producers: it would not be hard to make this into a ragingly successful movie)

8. Cinder
My secret weakness: Cinderella movies. Seriously. I normally do not like re-watching movies, but, I swear, I can watch A Cinderella Story over and over again. I'm a total sucker for a chick flick--and come on, a cyborg cinderella?! You know you want to watch it too....

9. Delirium
This is quite probably one of the most heart-breaking books I've read in a long time. But in painful way where you finish, your heart's in pieces, and still you say "Thank you Lauren Oliver for writing this book for the world." I'm not a big dystopian fan--in movies or books--but I would love to see this book translated on film. Granted, a lot of the beauty of this book is in the main character's inn thoughts, but I still think it would be cool for directors/producers to make  movie about a society where love is treated as a disease.

10. The Luxe
Ummm because it would be like an olden-days version of Gossip Girl! Duh. Possibly classier.

5 comments:

  1. RE your top three: HUGE YES. Bring them all to the big screen NOOOOW! :D Also, the Luxe would be totally worth it just for the costumes. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna and the French Kiss would be great! Check out my list:
    http://joriesreads.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/top-ten-books-to-be-made-into-movies/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your list and I would love to see Heist Society and the Gallagher Girls series on screen as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cinder and Delirium would be great movies... Thanks for stopping by earlier today! Following you!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see Don't Breathe A Word made into a movie. I loved the book. :)

    - Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...