Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Book Boyfriend: John Barton

Check out the intro post here

It's Wednesday! And you know what that means..... another My Book Boyfriend! I was originally going to post about another guy this week, from a book I recently finished and LOVED, but I've been absolutely swamped with exams! So, in a moment of laziness, I decided to use this old post I typed up a while ago about John.

I just had to post about dear ol' John from Looking for Alibrandi (by Melina Marchetta.... who is undoubtedly one of my favorite authors OF ALL TIME!)

Now John's not the main love interest in the story--in fact, he didn't really have many "romantic" scenes in the book--but I really liked the fact that he was a genuinely good guy.... and (no spoilers!) the ending just absolutely devastated me! It's hard to give any hints without giving away the whole ending, so you should definitely go read Looking for Alibrandi

"It had been three months since I last saw him, and he was looking even better. Not that he's a "pretty boy" or even bursting with sex appeal, come to think about it. It's the honesty and realness about him that I love. Its written on his face like a script." 

"If  he was a woman he would never need to wear rouge. He has that natural redness on his cheekbones. Although he's a bit on the thin side, it's his height that I like and the way his hazel eyes smile and change so instantly with his moods."

And honestly, it was this quote here that really made me love John :)

"I was a fairy-bread hogger at parties," he told me seriously, his eyes immediately changing. "I used to put them in my pockets or hide them wherever I could, until one day I was exposed when my host handed me my parka and four slices of fairy bread fell out. I was seven years old, and up till this day if I ever see fairy bread I palpitate and realize that psychologically I will never be cured."
 







6 comments:

  1. Aww, he looks nice :) :) Love the quotes! And love the guy you've picked! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I have fits of laziness too, makes me wish I had back ups to use, but I'm such a procrastinator. I'm always putting my posts together last min.

    Okay, sorry for the ramble. I love MM! I can't believe I haven't read Looking for Alibrandi yet.

    It's it great when boys that aren't the MC make just as big of an impress. I a big fan of the good guy too, and John seems to fit the bill. :)

    Thanks for another great MBB post, Joie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! I love your quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - just wow! He's the yummiest EVER! Those pictures had me sold on the book right away, but those quotes definitely did me in - I need to read this, like NOW! Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-book-boyfriend-9-rusty.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just getting into Melina's work so I'm glad to have another book to check out. John sounds super sweet and I love the actor you chose to represent him. Great choice and thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. He seems like the sweetest guy ever, I'm definitely going to pick up this book. That last quote definitely made me smile :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...