Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Book Boyfriend: Prince Dhiren


MBB is a weekly meme hosted over at the Unread Reader where you can post about any literary guy you're currently crushing on. Check out the intro post here!


So I was browsing through my Goodreads list of books I've read, and it suddenly struck me that I've never even so much as mentioned the The Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck on my blog!
Which, is a huge shame because not only is the storyline and romance great, it provides great insight on culture! Plus, there's traveling! Me likey.
...Anyways, since I hadn't even started a MBB post for today, I thought what they hey? And decided to dedicate this post to Prince Dhiren....
  • Prince Alagan Dhiren Rajaramin  
  • ...but most people just call him "Ren"
  • born 1657 
  • is of Indian and Asian descent (his mom was an Asian princess)
  • Is the crown prince of the Mujulaain Empire
  • became the white tiger because he was cursed
  • the oldest of two princes
  • likes poetry--and let me tell you, he can write some good love poetry too! 
  • He didn’t look very tiger-like, other than his eyes. He had full lips, a square jaw, and an aristocratic nose. He didn’t look like any other man I’d ever seen. I couldn’t place it, but there was something else, something cultured about him. He exuded confidence, strength, and nobility.
  • bronze skin, glossy black hair, and amazing blue eyes. I mean, just look at that cover!
  • is attractive....but I think that goes without saying
  • If you were in a fight with him, let's just say he could kick your butt..... but he's also quite gentlemanly, so he probably wouldn't. 
I know that Kishan becomes a love interest later in the series (I haven't read all of the books yet!) but for me, it's Ren for the win! I mean, just look at these quotes!




Ren:“That was a pygmy marmoset by the way. Just in case you were wondering."  

Kelsey: "Thank you oh Walking Monkey Dictionary.”       


"I'm warning you, Kelsey. I'm an extremely patient man. I've had extensive practice in waiting out the enemy. My life as a tiger has taught me that persistence and diligence always pay off. Consider yourself forewarned, priyatama. I'm on the hunt. I've caught your scent, and I won't be thwarted in my course.”

“YOU ate ALL of my peanut . . . butter . . . COOKIES?” 



“If a king owned a pearl without price, a gem he cherished above all. Would he hide it away, bury it from sight afraid others would take it? Or would he display it proudly, set it in a ring or crown, so that all the world could behold its beauty and see what richness it brings to his life? You are my pearl without price.”

He laughed quietly. “Breathe, Kelsey.” He had a very self-satisfied, smug grin on his face, which, for some reason, got my ire up. “You seem very happy with yourself.”
He raised an eyebrow. “I am.”
I smirked back at him and said, “Well, you didn’t ask for permission.”
“Hmm, perhaps we should rectify that.” He trailed his fingers up my arm, swirling little circles as he went. “Kelsey?”
I watched his progress and mumbled, distracted, “Yes?”
He stepped closer. “Do I—”
“Hmm?” I wiggled slightly.      
“Have your—”
He started nuzzling my neck then moved up to my ear. His lips tickled me as he whispered, and I felt him smile, “Permission—”
Goose bumps broke out on my arms and I trembled.
“To kiss you?”
I nodded weakly. Standing on my tiptoes, I slipped my arms around his neck showing him that I was definitely giving permission. He trailed kisses from my ear across to my cheek in achingly slow motion, grazing along a path of his choosing. He stopped, hovering just over my lips, and waited.
I knew what he was waiting for. I paused only a brief second before whispering faintly, “Yes.”


“He then put both hands on the door on either side of my head and leaned in close, pinning me against it. I trembled like a downy rabbit caught in the clutches of a wolf. The wolf came closer. He bent his head and began nuzzling my cheek. The problem was…I wanted the wolf to devour me.”

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! I've heard so many wonderful things about this series but I still haven't taken the plunge yet. If I'd known there was such a swoony dude in there, I probably would have done it sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ren! Thanks for the reminder. I remember another MBB post about him and I this series on my TBR. I think the culture side of the story sounds so interesting. And any guy that can write poetry melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel lame for not reading this book yet because it looks so good. He's a cutie, definitely think I'd love him. Thanks for visiting my post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this series on my wishlist for a while now. I wish they would all go on kindle!

    Ah I have to say I love the look in that last pic. I think it's the hair that just sets off those eyes so well!

    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some really gorgoeus pictures, the quotes are soo awesome, love the last one! I haven't read the book so I'm definitely putting it on my TBR list!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most books I prefer one guy over the other (Team Puck in Iron Fey, Team Will in Infernal Devices, Team Jace in Mortal Instruments, etc.) but it is IMPOSSIBLE to choose between Ren and Kishan!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...