Which, is a huge shame because not only is the storyline and romance great, it provides great insight on culture! Plus, there's traveling! Me likey.
...Anyways, since I hadn't even started a MBB post for today, I thought what they hey? And decided to dedicate this post to Prince Dhiren....
- Prince Alagan Dhiren Rajaramin
- ...but most people just call him "Ren"
- born 1657
- is of Indian and Asian descent (his mom was an Asian princess)
- Is the crown prince of the Mujulaain Empire
- became the white tiger because he was cursed
- the oldest of two princes
- likes poetry--and let me tell you, he can write some good love poetry too!
- “He didn’t look very tiger-like, other than his eyes. He had full lips, a square jaw, and an aristocratic nose. He didn’t look like any other man I’d ever seen. I couldn’t place it, but there was something else, something cultured about him. He exuded confidence, strength, and nobility.”
- bronze skin, glossy black hair, and amazing blue eyes. I mean, just look at that cover!
- is attractive....but I think that goes without saying
- If you were in a fight with him, let's just say he could kick your butt..... but he's also quite gentlemanly, so he probably wouldn't.
Ren:“That was a pygmy marmoset by the way. Just in case you were wondering."
"I'm warning you, Kelsey. I'm an extremely patient man. I've had extensive practice in waiting out the enemy. My life as a tiger has taught me that persistence and diligence always pay off. Consider yourself forewarned, priyatama. I'm on the hunt. I've caught your scent, and I won't be thwarted in my course.”
“YOU ate ALL of my peanut . . . butter . . . COOKIES?”
“If a king owned a pearl without price, a gem he cherished above all. Would he hide it away, bury it from sight afraid others would take it? Or would he display it proudly, set it in a ring or crown, so that all the world could behold its beauty and see what richness it brings to his life? You are my pearl without price.”
He raised an eyebrow. “I am.”
I smirked back at him and said, “Well, you didn’t ask for permission.”
“Hmm, perhaps we should rectify that.” He trailed his fingers up my arm, swirling little circles as he went. “Kelsey?”
I watched his progress and mumbled, distracted, “Yes?”
He stepped closer. “Do I—”
“Hmm?” I wiggled slightly.
He started nuzzling my neck then moved up to my ear. His lips tickled me as he whispered, and I felt him smile, “Permission—”
Goose bumps broke out on my arms and I trembled.
“To kiss you?”
I nodded weakly. Standing on my tiptoes, I slipped my arms around his neck showing him that I was definitely giving permission. He trailed kisses from my ear across to my cheek in achingly slow motion, grazing along a path of his choosing. He stopped, hovering just over my lips, and waited.
I knew what he was waiting for. I paused only a brief second before whispering faintly, “Yes.”