Friday, May 18, 2012

TGIF: Birth of the Book Blog

A weekly meme hosted over @ GReads

This week's question:
What made you decide to start a book blog???

Hmmm, I wish I could say that there was an interesting story, but really, it's just because last year, I fell into a reading frenzy that never really let up. Why? I have no clue. I pretty much started obsessing about books 24/7.
....And let's just say that my immediate family and friends were getting a little peeved that all I wanted to do was squeal about were fictional boys characters. So, to spare them from my endless gushing, I thought what they hey? and decided to make a book blog! Besides, I'd sometimes read other people's book blogs, and there were so many weekly memes that I wanted to participate in, so it made sense to finally make my own blog and participate.
  Now, I am by no means technologically savvy. I mean, I knew how to blog, so I went to blogger.com, made an account, hit the create button...and thus, this blog was born!
Once I started blogging, joining weekly memes, and chatting with other blogger out there, I realized just how big the book blogging community was! Suddenly, I discovered lots of other people who had similar passions, who adored YA, literary boys, and fictional worlds! It was awesome, to say the least.
Now, my blog has become such a big part of my life--not that I'm totally antisocial and spend all my days holed up at home with my computer and romance novels!--just that I look forward to posting on my blog every week, and now I have a place to keep track of books I've read uninhibitedly gush about books. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...