Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Book Boyfriend: Prince Kaito



MBB is a weekly meme hosted over at the Unread reader---check out the intro post here

Upon finishing Cinder (by Marissa Meyer), I found myself with a little (*cough cough* ok, maybe not so little) crush on Prince Kai..... what can I say? I've got a thing for Prince Charmings!   : )
  • he is the crown prince (and eventually the emperor)
  • just about every girl in New Beijing wants him
  • is funny and slightly flirty
  • very good-looking (which pretty much goes without saying)
  • genuinely wants to be a good leader and do what's best for his people
  • is quite selfless

He met her gaze, surprised, as if he'd forgotten who he was speaking with. Then, "You can call me Kai."
She blinked. "Excuse me?"

"no more 'Your Highness.' I get enough of that from everyone else. You should just call me Kai."

"No. That wouldn't be--"
"Don't make me turn it into a royal command." He hinted at a smile.

He inhaled a sharp breath. "Would you consider being my personal guest at the ball?"


The floor dissolved beneath Cinder. Her mind blanked. Surely, she hadn't hear correctly.
But he just stood, patient, and after a long moment raised both eyebrows in a mute prompt.
"E-excuse me?"
Kai cleared his throat. Stood straighter. "I assume you are going to the ball?"
"I-I don't know. I mean, no. No, I'm sorry, I'm not going to the ball."
Kai drew back, confused. "Oh. Wel... but... maybe you would change your mind? Because I am, you know."
"The prince."
"Not bragging," he said quickly. "Just a fact."


Her breath snaged as Kai leaned forward, so close she was sure for a heartbeat he meant to kiss her. She froze, a wave of panic crashing into her, and barely managed to look up.
Instead of kissing her, he whispered, "Imagine there was a cure, but finding it would cost you everything. It would completely ruin your life. What would you do?"


"Cinder."
She couldn't help it. She looked at him. Her defenses withered a bit upon encountering the openness in his brown eyes. His confidence had been replaced with worry. Uncertainty.
"200,000 single girls," he said. "Why not you?"

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow – I seriously need to read this series! He sounds extremely great based on those quotes. And those pictures! Great pick! I am definitely checking this out, like now – thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's Mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-book-boyfriend-8-christopher-merrick.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...