Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #15

Hosted over at Breaking the Spine

Splintered
By A.G. Howard
To be published January 2013

For sixteen years, Alyssa Gardner has lived with the stigma of being descended from Alice Liddell -- the real life inspiration for Lewis Carroll's famed novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. But cruel jokes about dormice and tea parties can’t compare to the fact that Alyssa hears the whispers of bugs and flowers ... the same quirk which sent her mother to a mental institution years before.

When her mother takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong for Alyssa to bear, she seeks the origins of their family curse. A set of heirlooms and a moth tied to an unusual website lead Alyssa and her gorgeous best friend / secret crush, Jeb, down the rabbit hole into the real Wonderland, a place more twisted and eerie than Lewis Carroll ever let on.

There, creepy counterparts of the original fairytale crew reveal the purpose for Alyssa’s journey, and unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.



Adventure, romance, drama, whimsical-ness? Heck yeah I'll be reading this book when it comes out!

4 comments:

  1. I saw this one last week a couple of times to, so it must be a really good one. I love the cover. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is beautiful! I adore Alice in Wonderland so I am super excited!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-17-poison-princess.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pick! I can't wait for this one to be released either :)

    New Follower!
    Claire Reads WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I can't wait to be able to check this one out too - thank you for sharing, it's definitely being added to my TBR list! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...