Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #17


A wonderful weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine to showcase any book(s) you're super psyched to get--it doesn't have to be a new/soon-to-be released, just one that you really want to read!


City of a Thousand Dolls
by Miriam Forster
publication date: 2013

The girl with no past, and no future, may be the only one who can save their lives.
Nisha was abandoned at the gates of the City of a Thousand Dolls when she was just a child. Now sixteen, she lives on the grounds of the isolated estate, where orphan girls apprentice as musicians, healers, courtesans, and, if the rumors are true, assassins. Nisha makes her way as Matron’s assistant, her closest companions the mysterious cats that trail her shadow. Only when she begins a forbidden flirtation with the city’s handsome young courier does she let herself imagine a life outside the walls. Until one by one, girls around her start to die.

Before she becomes the next victim, Nisha decides to uncover the secrets that surround the girls’ deaths. But by getting involved, Nisha jeopardizes not only her own future in the City of a Thousand Dolls—but her own life



I gotta say, it's the title that really grabbed my attention at first. It gave it a certain whimsical, if not a little creepy, vibe that really appealed to me. I feel like the story could be absolutely outstanding, or just kinda meh... but I really hope it's the former!

9 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book, but it sounds good. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds interesting. Thanks for stopping by Book Twirps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of this one, but I'm going straight to Goodreads to add it to my TBR! Sounds great! Thanks for stopping by my WOW at YA Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendation, I hadn't heard of this one yet. I just popped on over to Goodreads and added it to my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this book is scary! The synopsis makes it sound creepy! I mean, how can a thousand dolls not be scary, haha! Great choice this week :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to me! Sounds unique and a little creepy. What is going on outside those walls and why was she abandoned there. Lots of mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this book. Sounds interesting though!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...