Friday, June 22, 2012

TGIF: Authors Are Our Celebrities



Who's ready for the weekend?? I know I am! Ginger @ GReads  
has created this super fun meme that poses a bookish question to be answered each week.


Authors are our celebrities:
Have you ever contacted an author you admired? How did that experience go? If not, which author would you love to have a chat with?


Unfortunately, I've never really been in contact with a much-admired author... unless you count that one instance a few days ago where I wished the fabulous Rachel Vincent a happy birthday on facebook, and she actually replied with a thank you.... and I then proceeded to squeal in an embarrassingly fangirl-ish manner...
But yeah, aside from that, no, I've never contacted an author before...


However, I would like, really want, LOVE give my firstborn child to chat with fantabulous authors like Cassandra Clare (where I would probably gush about how full-on obsessed I am with her male characters...) and Stephanie Perkins (because she just looks like such a cool person to hang out with--I mean, have you seen her hair?!) and John Green (because I am *slightly* obsessed with his books and youtube videos... but I highly doubt I'd be able to actually carry on a conversation with someone as smart and witty as he is, so most likely, I'd just oggle him and nod accordingly as he talks to me...).


3 comments:

  1. John Green and Stephanie Perkins would be amazing to hang out with! They both just seem like aweosme and down to earth people.

    I get the same way when an author I'm in awe of responds on twitter or Facebook! it kinda makes my day.

    Check out my moment here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I am pretty much star-struck by all authors. I practically giggled like a little girl when I met Jasper Fforde. Kind of embarrassing, but I can't help it!

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would DEFINITELY want to meet Stephanie Perkins. She's written some of my all-time favorite books and she just seems like such a fun person. I've chatted with her on Twitter a few times, and she's so incredibly nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...