Oh. My. Goodness gracious. I am so psyched to receive my first blog award!!! And so flattered, too! Thanks so much to Kimberly @ Love YA Books for nominating me! You guys should definitely go check out her blog!
For those of you who don't know, the Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less (*woot woot* for just breaking the 100 mark!)
The word "liebster" is German and means "dearest," "beloved," "lovely," "welcome," etc. and I am so flattered that a reader thinks this of my blog!
So here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you, and give 11 questions for the people you have tagged
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post
4. Tell them you've tagged them
5. And no tag backs!
11 random facts about me...
1. I love baked ziti (and spaghetti). Literally, I would eat it all day everyday if I could!
2. I am addicted to The Avengers (the movie...I haven't really read the comics). I've seen the movie twice already and I can't wait to see it again!
3. I have a double-jointed thumb.
4. I 'm slightly addicted to nail polish. Not kidding. I almost always have to have my nails painted and I'm super OCD about chipping the polish.
5. I hate alfredo sauce
6. I am a HUGE procrastinator...
7. Pigeons terrify me. I wish I was kidding...
8. I'm a die-hard TEAM WILL HERONDALE fan...
9. I'm Chinese and am fluent in mandarin
10. I have this strange aversion to talking with people over the phone because I fear awkward silences...
11. I've been playing piano since I was 5-years old
Questions from Love YA Books:
1) Who are your three favorite authors?
Cassandra Clare, Melina Marchetta, and Lauren Oliver
2) What are your three favorite books?
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Saving June by Hannah Harrington
3) What are your three favorite book series?
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa
(and the Harry Potter series, but that's practically obligatory...)
4) Who are your five most "swoon-worthy" characters?
Will Herondale (The Infernal Devices)
Jake Tolan (Saving June)
Etienne St. Clair (Anna and the French Kiss)
Zachary Goode (Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter)
Adrian Ivashkov (Vampire Academy)
5) If you could make a soundtrack to your favorite novel or series, what songs would you put on it?
Oh gosh. This is really hard because I am the worst at associating song titles with their lyrics... so I'll just go for more of a generalization...
Let's just say that there would be an abundance of Taylor Swift songs because I love her music, and most of her songs deal with relationships, which is a prevalent theme in all the books I read.
Maybe throw in a bit of One Republic, too, just because I really like the all their songs.
6) Say you could visit any fictional world for one week. Which would you choose and why?
Again, Harry Potter is a practically obligatory answer... of course I want to go visit Hogwarts and be a witch!
But if I had to pick another fictional world, I'd choose the world of Hex Hall, provided I could be a cool prodigium. I mean, I'd be able to rock out my awesome powers and go to school with other powerful prodigium. And I'd get to hang out the Sophie and Archer!
7) Which character do you think you could be best friends with, and why?
I think I could be pretty good friends with Kat from Obsidian. For one thing, we're both book bloggers, which would be awesome! We'd probably both gush about books and fictional guys--although she already has Daemon...
Plus, she's very snarky and her one-liners would make me laugh out loud, but she's also such a great friend--kind and caring and selfless.
8) What were five books you loved most during your childhood?
1. The Junie B. Jones series
9) Why do you read?
I guess you could say I read for escapism. I live in a pretty rural, small town and let's just say that there's not a lot of exciting things that happen here. Also, it's not like my life is full of grand adventures, so I love to read and live vicariously through the characters. I just love discovering new worlds to imagine and new characters to love and it all just makes everyday life not so ordinary.
10) Why did you decide to start blogging?
Around last year, I hit a bit of a reading craze where I devoured books like they were my bread and butter. Seriously. I read a lot of books and it got to the point where I thought it'd be neat and handy to start a blog, if only to keep track of the books I was reading and what I thought of them. Then I discovered just how big the book blogging community was, all the amazing fellow bloggers out there, and all sorts of fun memes that I could do alongside my reviews and I just became a tad addicted to it!
11) What blog post are you most proud of?
Hmm... I'd say I really love my Anna and the French Kiss review, The Hunger Games movie review, and my Will Herondale book boyfriend post because... well, it's Will Herondale!
11 people I'm nominating for the Liebster Blog Award (in no particular order):
Pages and Pomegranates
Ramblings of a Book Nerd
The YA Bookworm
An Old Fashioned Girl in a New Fangled World
11 Questions for the tagged bloggers to answer:
(some questions are recycled...)
1. What are your three favorite books? (links please!)
2. What are your three favorite authors?
3. Which author would you love to meet and why?
4. What's your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
5. What paranormal being would you choose to be and why?
6. Which character do you think you could be BFFs with and why?
7. If you could go on a date with any fictional character, who would it be and what would you do?
8. Why do you read?
9. Why do you blog?
10. What blog posts are you most proud of? (links please!)
11. What was the last thing that made you smile?
Again, I'm so happy to receive this award and I really hope the people I've tagged can do a post answering the questions! If you do, I'd love it if you left me a link in the comments!