Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #34


WoW is an awesome weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine

Title: Wisteria
Author: Bisi Leyton
Publication date: August 15th, 2012
Summary:
Sixteen year old Wisteria Kuti has two options—track the infected around the Isle of Smythe or leave the only known safe haven and face a world infested with flesh eating biters. But even with well-armed trackers, things go wrong and Wisteria ends up alone facing certain death, until she is rescued by the mysterious Bach. Uninfected, Bach is able to survive among the hordes of living dead.

Eighteen year old Bach, from a race known as The Family, has no interest in human affairs. He was sent here to complete his Great Walk and return home as a man—as a Sen Son. The Family regard humans as Dirt People, but Bach is drawn to this Terran girl, whom he has never seen before, but somehow knows. 

Hunted by flesh eaters, cannibals, and the mysterious blood thirsty group called Red Phoenix, Wisteria and Bach make their way back to the Isle of Smythe, a community built on secrets and lies.

Why am I excited?
I'm not an avid reader of cannibals, but this book sounds so good! And so original! Also, the cover is beautiful!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this one before so thanks for bringing it to my attention! I might end up reading this, thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you'd like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday post you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic! I love zombies and the mystery is intriguing as well. Wondering about this island and how the romance will develop since he doesn't terran girls?! Sounds weird. And he will become a Sen Son whatever that is! lol
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh that looks interesting! Haven't heard of this one! Love the cover though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An intriguing choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-owlet-by-emma.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...