Friday, July 13, 2012

TGIF




Who's ready for the weekend?? I know I am! Ginger @ GReads  
has created this super fun meme that poses a bookish question to be answered each week.

This week's question:

QUOTES THAT MAKE YOU SWOON:
What are some of the most swoon-worthiest quotes you've experienced in a book?

Oh good lord.
This is HARD.
Pretty much every book I read includes some romance in it so there are definitely a lot of swoon-worthy quotes I've read, but I'm not very good at remembering all of them...
Well, you all know how infatuated I am with dear Will Herondale, and pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth makes me swoon.
OMG. Especially when he was telling Tessa how he felt about her!

“We live and breathe words. .... It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you wrote, how you were lonely sometimes and afraid, but always brave; the way you saw the world, its colors and textures and sounds, I felt--I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt. I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted--and then I realized that truly I just wanted you.” 


OH! But there is this one quote by Cricket Bell from Lola and the Boy Next Door that has really stuck with me because it is just the sweetest thing EVER!

“Once upon a time, there was a girl who talked to the moon. And she was mysterious and she was perfect, in that way that girls who talk to moons are. In the house next door, there lived a boy. And the boy watched the girl grow more and more perfect, more and more beautiful with each passing year. He watched her watch the moon. And he began to wonder if the moon would help him unravel the mystery of the beautiful girl. So the boy looked into the sky. But he couldn't concentrate on the moon. He was too distracted by the stars. And it didn't matter how many songs or poems had already been written about them, because whenever he thought about the girl, the stars shone brighter. As if she were the one keeping them illuminated. 

One day, the boy had to move away. He couldn't bring the girl with him, so he brought the stars. When he'd look out his window at night, he would start with one. One star. And the boy would make a wish on it, and the wish would be her name.

At the sound of her name, a second star would appear. And then he'd wish her name again, and the stars would double into four. And four became eight, and eight became sixteen, and so on, in the greatest mathematical equation the universe had ever seen. And by the time an hour had passed, the sky would be filled with so many stars that it would wake the neighbors. People wondered who'd turned on the floodlights.

The boy did. By thinking about the girl.” 

Oh be still be fluttering heart...




1 comment:

  1. I love that Cricket quote! I still need to read Infernal Devices and meet the wonderful Will. Your posts about him are always so swoon-worthy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...