Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer TBR Books




Top Ten Tuesday is a super fun meme hosted every week over at the broke and bookish--be sure to go and check it out!


Top 10 Books on My Summer TBR List


#1 Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver


I got this book practically the day it came out!
....But I still haven't read it.
I know, I know, shame on me! 
But I promise I will read this soon!
And from what I've heard about this book, I have a feeling I won't be able to put this down once I start!




#2 Once (Eve #2) by Anna Carey


I read the first book, and I thought it was OK. Pretty nice--like it more than some of the other dystopians. I just hope this one expands the story more--more character development, more action!
And hey... I wouldn't mind some more romance....just saying.








#3 The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus #2) by Rick Riordan


I'm a die-hard Percy Jackson fan. 
That said, I didn't actually love The Lost Hero as much as I hoped I would. 
BUT NOW, PERCY IS BACK!!!! 
Please still let him be as lovable and funny as ever!






#4 A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin


This series has pretty much taken the literary world by storm! Everyone I know who's read/watched the series has LOVED it.
...naturally, I am now super curious.










#5 If I Die (Soul Screamers #5) by Rachel Vincent


This book has been sitting on my shelf for months. I kid you not. I just haven't really had motivation to read it..... but I hear it's the best one in the series by far!










#6 Bloodlines by Richelle Mead


Because I loved VA and--more importantly-- ADRIAN IVASHKOV!!!!!














#7 The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) by Richelle Mead


More Adrian goodness?
Um. YES.














#8 Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta


The only book/series by Melina Marchetta (Aussie writer extraordinaire) that I have not yet read.
Must be remedied.










#9 Storm by Brigid Kemmerer


I've been hearing TONS of raving reviews for this book!
And.... also, I hear there's a whole smorgasbord of swoon-worthy guys so.... yeah.
















#10 SUMMER READING.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
Hardball by Chris Matthews
The U.S. Constitution (yes, really. Darn you AP Gov't)
L'etranger by Albert Camus



6 comments:

  1. There sure is a smorgasbord of hunks in Storm :) Great list. Most I've not read yet. Pandemonium I liked more than Delirium but a lot of other readers didn't feel the same way. It depends on how you feel about the love triangle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list. I totally forgot about Pandemonium, which I still need to read. I also still need to read the new Heroes of Olympus series. I hope I am not disappointed by it. Also you need to read Game of Thrones it is a fantastic book and HBO show. Storm look really like a great series and I also can't wait to read. =]
    Thanks for sharing and visiting my TTT. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swamp of Boredom had Son of Neptune on their Top Ten too (it just so happens I was just there). Great list. Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic list! I can't recommend A Game of Thrones and Finnikin of the Rock enough. I love the Bloodlines series, too; at first I wasn't sure if I wanted to read a VA spin-off, but as soon as I found out that Adrian was in it, I had to read it. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pandemonium! And I just read Finnikin of the Rock a few weeks ago. It is the only book I have read from the author so far but I hear so many wonderful things about the rest of her books. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved A Game of Thrones - although it did take a minute to get used to all the different characters. And Pandemonium is one I haven't read yet, but plan on getting to soon. Hope you get to all your summer reads and enjoy them all :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...