Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #31


WoW is an awesome weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine

Title: Crewel
Author: Gennifer Albin
Expected date of publication: October 16th, 2012

Incapable. Awkward. Artless.

That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret: she wants to fail.

Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But if controlling what people eat, where they live and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn’t interested.

Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and wove a moment at testing, and they’re coming for her—tonight.

Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her Dad’s stupid jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because once you become a Spinster, there’s no turning back.

Why am I excited?
The concept sounds so original and cool! In a world of YA where it's Team Vampire vs. Team Werewolf, I choose Team Timeweaver!! Also I'm on the Crewel Street team so this is also shameless promotion for the book  ;) I *think* people can still join the street teams so check out the info here
But just so you know, I am super excited to read it! I'm loving the ability to weave time and Adelice sounds likes like a very intriguing character.

What are you waiting for this week? 

5 comments:

  1. This one sounds interesting. Dying to know if she escapes becoming a spinster.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! Seeing this around a lot lately! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was lucky enough to get a copy at BEA, and I have to say it was really good. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one was super interesting, I'm happy to hear that it's good! :)

    Maybe I'll check out this street team...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Team Timeweaver - lol.
    And I agree, Crewel does sound awesome!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...