Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines


Hosted over at the The Broke and Bookish

Ah, I'm such a sucker for a kick-ass heroine! They're usually my favorite kind of protagonist, so this was a pretty easy list to come up with, so here they are (in no particular order):

My Top 10 Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines

1. Well, first, let's get the obligatory Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games mention. Because, well, she's Katniss freaking Everdeen.

2. And then, of course, there's Rose Hathaway from The Vampire Academy who can kick some major strigoi butt while making sassy remarks as she does so.

3. My third choice might be a little obscure, but Isabeau/Evanjalin from The Lumatere Chronicles is the kind of princess who could shoot arrows and hunt wolves when she was just a kid. The girl is tough as nails. 

4. Now let's not forget Katsa from Graceling. I'm pretty sure there's no fictional male out there who's a match for that girl. If so, I would pay really good money to see that fight.

5. Following suit, we have Fire from Graceling's companion novel, Fire. Not only can she kick butt with a bow and arrow, but she's also a super strong character emotionally and mentally. 

6. Cinder, from Marissa Meyer's Cinder, just has to make my list too because I dare you to tell me she's not the toughest, most awesome Cinderella in the history of retellings. 

8. Of course I need to have my favorite female shadowhunter on this list too! Isabelle Lightwood, from The Mortal Instruments, who can kick demon butt in high heels--"nothing less than seven inches."

9. Most of you probably haven't hear of Aphra from Death by Bikini, but you should definitely pick up this series. Aphra is an awesome heroine and believe me, she kick some major bad guy derriere!

10. You didn't think I was going to forget about Tris from Divergent did you? If you've read Divergent, then you obviously know why she's on this list. 

So there's my list, leave me a link in the comments because I'd love to check out yours! :)
And don't forget to check out my Blogoversary Giveaway where you can win a copy of one of my favorite books--ones that some of these characters are from! :)

10 comments:

  1. I totally agree on Cinder & Tris! They are also on my list :) And I really want to read Graceling & Fire.

    TTT @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joie,
    I've seen Tris popping up on several of these lists. Makes me glad I downloaded Divergent the other day. :-) Sadly, Katniss is the only one of yours I've met in my books, but of course she is deserving of being at the top of your list. :-)
    -Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fire & Tris made my list too. Awesome Top 10! :D

    Here my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read these books. Feeling so sad right now. I really want too, but where's the time? ;)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose, Tris, Katniss - they all appeared on my list too.

    I'm going to have to read the Graceling books - they sound fantastic and I'm always looking for novels with fierce heroines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, awesome choice with Evanjalin! I just love what a strong character she is. And I think Izzy would go out of her way to skewer any demon that dared to mess up her shoes.

    Our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. great list! I have Katniss and Rose on mine as well!
    new follower
    xo
    http://stephwonderland.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this list! Yeah for Katniss, Rose, Cinder, and Tris. I forgot about Evanjalin...such a fabulous heroine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Because she's Katniss freaking Everdeen." Haha, love it! And I'm so glad you did what I couldn't and made room to fit both Katsa and Fire. I wanted all three girls on my list, but chose Katsa to represent them all instead.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joie! Love your list!! Rose <3 <3 <3 She really is the most kickass character ever! :D And Katniss Freaking Everdeen!! And Tris <3 Love, love, love!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...