Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Book Boyfriend: Jay Heaton

Yay! My Book Boyfriend Day! This is a super fun meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader--you can read all about it here!

My literary crush of this week is none other than Jay Heaton from The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting.
Oh Jay...(smiles dreamily) he is just such a sweet guy! He's one of the few literary males out there who is a great best friend and boyfriend! Goodness, I just love how well he and Violet fit each other like two pieces of a puzzle! He's sweet and pretty protective, but not in a macho/alpha-male way.

“I've been so worried about strange men following you around that I forgot how dangerous Homecoming Queens can be.”       

“He loved her.
Jay Heaton, her best friend since childhood was in love with her. He didn't say it but she knew that it was true.
And the part that really freaked her out, the part that caught her completely off guard, is that he wasn't alone. Because even though she'd been denying it for a long, long time, it had always been there... waiting beneath the surface of their friendship. And now that it was out there was no going back.
And it was so weird to even be thinking it but...... she was in love with him too.” 



Violet: "You don't get to tell me what to do! You're not my father, you know."
Jay: "Thanks for clarifying that, Violet," he said sardonically. "It would be creepy if you got your boyfriend and your father confused.


“I was just waiting for you to want me as much as I wanted you.” His words were quiet but carried one hell of an impact. “I knew we were going to be together; it was just a matter of time. I kept hoping that you would figure it out. But for a smart girl, you’re a little dense, Vi. I kept bringing up Lissie Adams, and showing you the notes she was leaving me, hoping that you’d get pissed enough to finally admit how you felt about me.”


 "I can't lose you," he explained, shrugging as if those weren't the most wonderful words she'd ever heard before. "not now that I finally have you."


1 comment:

  1. This book was recommended to me a long time ago, but I still haven't read it yet! Shame, because Jay sounds awesome. I love stories about childhood friends becoming something more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...