Thursday, December 29, 2011

Faves of TwentyEleven: The Characters

Ooh! I just found out about this...literally, maybe 2 minutes ago and I was super psyched to do it immediately! If anyone else want to make a list before New Year's, this is hosted over at Ink Crush. Go and check it out!


1. Favorite female main character
  Hmm.... this is a toughie because there are just so many that I like... but I think I'm gonna have to go with Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door. I just love her spunky personality and awesome fashion sense! She got a lot of confidence and personality and I would definitely love to know her! 

         
 

2. Favorite male main character
Ooh, again, super hard choice, but I pick Dash from Dash & Lily's Book of Dares-- I am just absolutely in love with his snarkiness and wittiness! And come on, a guy that in love with books? How can anyone resist?


  3. Best couple
Oh. Wow. Seriously, strike where it hurts why don't you? For someone who reads as much romance as I do, this question is next to impossible! I love just about all the couples! But ok... a choice must be made... I choose.... Clara and Tucker from Unearthly... no scratch that, it's really more of a tie between them and Violet and Jay from the Body Finder

  

4. Who I so want to be best friends with

Umm... another tie. 
Jessica Darling from Sloppy Firsts. She's so witty and hilarious, but also nice, and I just know that I'd have tons of fun hanging out with her and quite possibly getting into scintillating debates about... everything!  
And Rebecca Bloomwood from the Shopoholic series. As a fellow 
 shopoholic, I know we'd have tons of fun bonding at a mall!





 
5. who i fell completely in love with (new literary crush)
Etienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss (no brainer!) Sigh.... words just can't describe how much I freakin' love Etienne! Where can I find an Etienne of my own?!
Archer Cross from the Hex Hall series. "Nuff said. If you've read the series, you know what I mean. 
...and Jonah Griggs from Jellicoe Road. Again, if you've read the series, you're probably a little bit in love with him too, I reckon. 




6. Worst (best & baddest) villian
Without a doubt, Terra's dad from North of Beautiful. Oh how I would love to smack him in the face! His evilness is magnified because he's Terra's dad!  
  
 7. Best character twist (who you loved then hated or vice versa)
Al from Divergent. Sigh... I just hate it when a character you like goes bad! I had such high hopes for him too!








8. Best kick-arse female
Rose Hathaway from the Vampire Academy series. Duh! You really can't get more kick-arse that her!
  

9. Best kick-arse male
Toughie (again!)... But I'm gonna go with Will Herondale from The Clockwork Angel. Yeah, that's right--you know he's the bad boy you all want.... O__o (and he's so darn sarcastically funny too!)


10. Broke your heart the most
Aaaah! This is the first choice that I didn't have to think about at all! Without a doubt, it's Simon from The Summer of Skinny Dipping ! Oh. My gosh.... just thinking about it makes me want to tear up! Why Simon, whyyyyyyyyyy?!


11. Favorite pet/animal character award
  Haha... I was actually thinking of this answer for forever before the obvious totally hit him upside the head--- of course it's Grimalkin from the Iron Fey series! He's by no means a "pet" but he is the coolest cat--or animal for that matter-- that I know of. Really. He makes me want to be a cat person.
12. Best YA parents award
Definitely Lola's parents, Andy and Nathan, from Lola and the Boy Next Door! They are just such great supportive, caring, and loving parents.... and just plain awesome!



13. Favorite sibling relationship
Narnie and Webb from Jellicoe Road. They both love each other so much and would do anything, sacrifice anything for each other. I was so moved by Narnie when she refused to be rescued from the wrecked car before Webb! 
 
14. Favorite best friends/friendship award 
The Gang from Saving Francesca (and subsequently The Piper's Son). Their friendship and love for one another is just something that can't even be described in words!  
























15. Best/worst character names
  Best: Finnick Odair. (from the Hunger Games series as I'm sure you all know). There's just something about his name that is just so.... awesome!
Etienne St. Clair (from Anna and the French Kiss). So maybe if I had that name, it might be a little annoying.... but since I don't, I think it's freakin' wonderful!
Adrian Ivashkov (from the Vampire Academy series). Man, it just rolls off your tongue--I could say it over and over and not get bored!
Worst: Rashmi (also from Anna and the French Kiss)---mainly because her nickname is "Rash." Yeah... not pleasant at all. 
Bonus: Best love triangle
Oooooh! I have lots for this one!
The Rose-Dimitri-Adrian triangle...because man, I wanted both guys to have a happy ending--SO badly!
The Dru-Graves-Christophe triangle from the Strange Angels series.... Oh My Gosh. I totally had no clue who Dru was going to end up with! The love triangle was crafted so well!
The Meghan-Ash-Puck triangle from the Iron Fey series..... I pretty much knew from book 1 who Meghan was going to end up with.... but I still rooted for both guys anyways because I really liked them both!
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...