Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #40

WoW is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine

By M. Latimer-Ridley
Publication date: October 26, 2012
When an infamous criminal is unleashed from his prison, it has consequences for everyone in Carwick. Temperance Levinthal in particular…

Temperance is satisfied with her ordinary life. Dealing with her eccentric, childlike parents is all the excitement she needs. That changes when Alastair Byron returns home.
After a failed matchmaking attempt by her father, sparks fly between her and Alastair-just not the good kind.
They are forced together though, when they are implicated in a grisly murder. Their search for the truth leads them to a secret world beneath Carwick, filled with werewolves, wizards and other magical faey.
However, uncovering the truth is far more dangerous than they’d ever imagined.
There are secrets within secrets.
Even Alastair may be more than he seems…

My thoughts:
I know this book came out last year, but I just recently heard about it and I'm really intrigued. With paranormal creatures and murder mystery, how can I resist? Plus I've found that I really like stories where characters (potential love interests?) start out hating each other. 

What are you waiting on this week? Feel free to leave me a link or just tell me in the comments! 

6 comments:

  1. Very intriguing cover, looks good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this book before! Looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that does sound intriguing! I love a good paranormal and mystery mix!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this, but it sounds like something I would be interested in. I want to know what Alistair's secret is! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one, but it does sound interesting.
    P.S. I'm a new follower via GFC. Your blog is adorable! If you'd like to follow back, I'd really appreciate it (but no pressure)!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, I haven't heard to this, but that it has been mentioned on your blog, shows that I must read it. XD Well, and because you have the best taste in books that I should stay away from because you might persist me again. :D

    P.S. YES! THE NIGHT CIRCUS IS AADFSKALDJSA; <333 Just...yeah. One word? MAGICAL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...