Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Books I HAD to Buy but Still Haven't Read


1. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Ahahahaha..... this book has literally been on my shelf for months.
MONTHS.
On the bright side, I won't have to wait a whole year for the next book, right? Which... ironically is also sitting on my shelf, untouched.
                                 

2. Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
Lol, haven't read The Son of Neptune either! I blame tumblr for this because it's already spoiled the ending of MoA for me.

3. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only blogger who hasn't started this series.... I'm not, right? 
Right?!?!

4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Shame on me for not reading this, I know! I'm not even going to try and explain. I will just go put on the cone of shame...


5. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
I got this on sale a while back, but I haven't really been in the mood for any New Adult lately. 

6. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
OKAY WAIT, I've technically started this! That.... has to count for something right? It's a good book (from what I've read), but my friend spoiled some of the major plot points for me so now I'm just not very motivated to read it. I will though, I promise!

7. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
 And while I'm on the topic of this series, I might as well add that I have Days of Blood and Starlight just waiting on my shelf as well.

8. Easy by Tammara Webber
Like I said, I'm just not in a new adult mood. I can very fickle like that.

I've been hearing a lot about the infamous and blush-worthy chapter 62 (it is 62, right?) and I'm actually excited to see how Warner wins everyone over in this book.... but Juliette's character also really annoys me.... so there's that.

10. Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder
I rushed to buy this because I loved Touch of Power, but it's been gathering dust on my shelf for a couple months.... 



6 comments:

  1. AHHHH The Book Thief and Daughter of Smoke and Bone are two of my favorites! I recommend the Book Thief ALL THE TIME TO EVERYONE. Soo... READ IT READ IT READ IT. But don't worry, I have a few cone of shame unread books as well and those books have been sitting on my shelf, unread, FOR YEARS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, BE MY NEW BEST FRIEND? <3

    I am like 100% with you on Pandemonium, The Son of Neptune, The Book Thief (!!!!), and Scent of Magic. Like AHHH. For the sequels in there, I LOVED the first books and was so so so stoked for the next one but then it just DIDN'T HAPPEN. And The Book Thief. Like, no words actually. Just take away my blogging badge.

    But Unravel Me. BLOODLINES. DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE! THIS MUST BE RECTIFIED! I waited to read Bloodlines as well which was kind of embarrassing as a huge Adrian lover but then when I read it, I only had to wait like a couple of days for The Golden Lily which was kind of nice :P

    Happy reading and thanks for sharing, Joie! <3 It's really nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool list!!! I haven't been in the New Adult mood either. I think it's because the first few ones I read were: ehhh not so good. But Easy and Slammed are 2 I do want to read eventually. IDK about Beautiful Disaster, the whole idea to me sounds implausible.

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp! The Book Thief! You have to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love The Book Thief, it's such a great book. I have Easy sat on my bookshelf too, but I haven't had chance to pick it up yet.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to read Unravel Me. I really didn't like Juliette in Shatter Me and it almost made me not want to keep reading the series. However, I just read Unravel Me last week and it is certainly one of my favorite books of 2013. Juliette grows and changes into a different person, for the better, and I was able to like her character this time around. Plus that chapter with Warner is to die for!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...