Thursday, February 16, 2012

Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
by Michelle Hodkin
Published September 27th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

She's wrong. 

-goodreads.com 





 

Rating: 5/5
Review:
THAT is me after reading this book. My Mind. Was blown. Holy cheese on rye, was this book amazing! This book had everything I could ever ask for in a YA mystery (supernatural?) romance! I literally did a double take after finishing the last page in a wait--what?--excuse me?! kind of way.

 I actually can't think of a single bad thing I have to say about this novel. I really liked the storyline, I adored Mara and her angst and snarkiness(or maybe because of her angst and snarkiness--totally relateable and likeable) and I fell utterly in love with Noah, who was mysterious and complicated, and reckless, and just incredibly swoon-worthy. And... heck I fell in love with all the characters.... except Anna who is the epitome of the high-school she-devil. All the characters in this book were so well crafted and just plain likeable! I was incredibly envious of Mara and wished I could've had brothers like Daniel and Joseph! One of the best sibling dynamics I've seen in a long time.   

Michelle Hodkin has crafted a mystery that I am dying to know the secret of! The whole book, you are full of questions Just what the heck happened? What, exactly, is Mara?  (which for me the mystery of her powers was incredibly refreshing--my mind kept thinking: What is she?! Witch? Werewolf? Vampire?! Please don't tell me she's a vampire....) But the minute you get slightly close to having one answer, Hodkin thickens the plot and you are left baffled! Again! It is frustrating. Thrilling. Creepy. Addictive. Amazing. Give me the sequel already goshdarnit! 


(and for more reasons to fall in love with this book, check out my book boyfriend on Noah Shaw)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...