Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Beginnings & Endings

Hosted over at The Broke and Bookish


BEGINNINGS

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” 


Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
 "My father took one hundred and thirty-two minutes to die. I counted."


Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
“She will fight for light, and he for dark,
Battling through the ages for loves sweet spark.
Wherever two souls adore truly, you will find them, lo,
The brave Juliet and the wicked Romeo.” 


Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
"Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love.
It did not end well."



ENDINGS

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
"'Yes,' I said. 'Isn't it pretty to think so?'” 


Delirium by Lauren Oliver
"I love you. Remember. They cannot take it."


The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
“Instead, I try to adjust to the dawn, letting the tears fall where they may, because it is morning; it is morning and there is so much to see.” 


The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
This one's spoilery so I won't include the actual text but just- ALL. THE. FEELS. 


Identical by Ellen Hopkins
No spoilers for you! Let me just say that my. Mind. Was. Blown.
That is all. 


Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta
brb crying because of the beautifulness



16 comments:

  1. I completely agree with The Fault in our Stars, I was drowning in a sea of feels... or maybe those were just my tears... either way I loved it.

    I can't believe I forgot about Daughter of Smoke & Bone while making my list, that begining is so amazing!

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Simple and to the point. And basically describes the entire book.

      UGH. Sometimes I think about the last line of TFIOS and just want to curl up and start crying. Thank you, John Green.

      Delete
  2. I've been dying to read Juliet Immortal for a while now. Now I really want to My TTT
    Jenn @ Book Beats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, love the name of your blog! New follower via bloglovin'

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I hope you get to read Juliet Immortal soon- I really liked the concept of the book, even if I wasn't crazy about the insta-love.

      Delete
  3. Good list, I loved the ending of Identical as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely agree with Pride and Prejudice and The Fault in Our Stars. I just got Quintana from the library so I'm excited to see the ending! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alsdkfaljh YOU GOT QUINTANA?!?!
      Aaaaaaaaah, I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

      Also: I will pray for your emotional well-being. ;)

      Delete
  5. P&P kjadhsjasdhjkasdhadjs I love that book to no end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally, P&P is perf.
      Every other argument is invalid.

      Delete
  6. I just looked up what the ending to Identical is (don't judge, I'm not really into verse novels so I knew I'd never read it) and now I understand why everyone is freaking out haha! This is a great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O__o

      TOTES judging you right now.
      ...
      No, I'm just kidding! I'm usually not a huge fan of verse novels either- picking up Identical was just dumb luck. But holy smokes I totally did not see that ending coming AT ALL!

      Delete
  7. I almost included Daughter of Smoke and Bones in mine! and Man, do I NEED to read Jellicoe Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg
      Your really do.

      Like- run to your library right now and get it. You will be emotionally traumatized, but in a good way...

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...